Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Visibility of the save button depending on

Hello community.

I would like to make a save button only visible if the content of a text input box differs from a text in a label.

To the background:
I have this screen.

RoScha_0-1599997579048.png

If I click on the pen, a text input box appears below which takes the text from the label 1: 1 above. (Next screen)

RoScha_1-1599997630049.png

Now I can change this text in the textbox. And only when you have changed this text, the save button should appear.

How do I do it?

Best regards
RoScha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hey @RoScha 

the "OnChange" is only triggered after you clicked outside the box like you can make a lot of changes and Power Apps only checks it once. You are correct, you should use an if statement.

You can combine these in your Save buttons "Visible" Property like:

If(varVisible && Label1.Text <> TextInput1.Text,true,false)

So varVisible must be true and Label1.Text <> (not equal) TextInput1.Text then the button is visible otherwise, it is hidden.

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hey @RoScha 

there is a property called "OnChange" for the textbox. You could use the function "Set(varVisible,true)" and add the variable "varVisible" to your buttons "Visible" property. The if the text in your textboxed is changed (and you clicked outside the box) the button would appear.

Hope this will help you!

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Highlighted

@MarvinBangert 

OK. I tried it and asked another question about it:

So it is not possible to check whether the text has changed or not while I am writing in the text box. Correct? I always have to click outside the text box to make the savebut visible.

And I have another question. I changed the text back to the original text in the text box and would have thought that the save button would then be invisible again. But he doesn't.

I suspect I have to add an if-then formula to the "Visible" property of the save button, right?

Highlighted

Hey @RoScha 

the "OnChange" is only triggered after you clicked outside the box like you can make a lot of changes and Power Apps only checks it once. You are correct, you should use an if statement.

You can combine these in your Save buttons "Visible" Property like:

If(varVisible && Label1.Text <> TextInput1.Text,true,false)

So varVisible must be true and Label1.Text <> (not equal) TextInput1.Text then the button is visible otherwise, it is hidden.

Best regards
Marvin

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Yes that is exactly the solution. Perfect.

Many thanks @MarvinBangert 

Best regards

RoScha

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,906)