cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Visibility value not consistent

Good day,

I encountered an issue wherein the visibility condition of a control card is not consistent all throughout the form.

I have 2 forms which depends on each other. The forms are on a different screen (needs a NEXT button to navigate through the screens). I have this control card from Form1 named Recess1 that has a "Visibility" value of

true

Then, I navigated to Form2. When I tried to check the value of it on the Form2 by putting the "Text" value of a field named lblVisibilityRecess1 as

Recess1.Visibility

it showed/returned "false".

I was expecting it to return "true" since it is what I placed on the Visibility property for Recess1.

So I tried to do a work around and set a variable varGenerallyTrue on the OnStart of my app:

Set(varGenerallyTrue,true);

Then when I checked lblVisibilityRecess1, it is now showing/returning "true".

Any thoughts why is this happening?

Thanks!

K.D.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

I reproduced your example but did not get the result you have:

Datacard1 in Form1 on Screen1: true

lblVisibilityRecess1 in Screen2 visible property

Datacard1.Visible produces true not false

With regards to the variable OnStart, it will maintain whatever is put in the variable until the app is restarted again. Thus true will remain true until App restarts.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Good day @eka24 ,

I forgot to mention that the forms are in 2 different screens.

Regards,

K.D.

The example I gave is based on different screens. Can you recheck the formula I used again?

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,077)