cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shavora
Super User
Super User

Visible conditions work one day and the other day it doesn't

I am wondering if this is just how Powerapps is, the conditions on visibility is working some days and on the other days it doesn't. If not, I can't for the world figure out why it's not detecting the conditional value. It has worked well for the last couple of days...

Skärmavbild 2022-02-03 kl. 17.37.24.png

If conditioning on if a certain word is in a control isn't working in powerapps, what options can we have? More reliable way?

Has anyone else experienced this?

//

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The refresh wasn't the issue, I tried it. But I had put too many controls and data sources and galleries on one page so the performance was low. I have also not known how to use collections which vastly decrease the reliability of data coming through. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
shavora
Super User
Super User

Look, now after deleting the formula and rewriting it, it works on this gallery:

Skärmavbild 2022-02-03 kl. 17.54.46.png

There are still ten others conditions like this that isn't working so...

(I contemplated using a variable to update visibility context but that will not be correct when the next person wants to view the data, then all will be set to false.) 

C-Papa
Super User
Super User

Hi, as far as i am aware there is no issue with PowerApps and visibility. from what i can see the selected item from the dropdown is the default for label HiddenAttend. The issue is likely to be that the label / textbox needs to be refreshed when the selection is changed. as an alternative you could just reference the dropdown for the Visible property e.g.

"Present" in DropDown1.SelectedText

you don't need an If formula as this returns true. 

The refresh wasn't the issue, I tried it. But I had put too many controls and data sources and galleries on one page so the performance was low. I have also not known how to use collections which vastly decrease the reliability of data coming through. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,115)