cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ngreen
Resolver I
Resolver I

Visible if a multiple choice contains a value

So I'm trying to have certain datacards for text entry visible depending on what is selected in a multiple selection drop down.

So the multiple choice selection lets people choose as many of the following devices: chromebook, iphone, mifi, usb, jetpack mifi

And depending on what all they select, I'm trying to get certain other datacards to be visible. So if they select chromebook then serial number is visible. If iphone or mifi are selected then hotspot number is visible. If chromebook and a mifi are selected then serial number AND hotspot are visible. 

Right now, I can only get them visible if one thing is selected. As soon as I add second choice, they all disappear.

Any tips?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I figured it out. We need "Value" at the end of the formula

"iPhone 7s" in DataCardValue31.SelectedItems.Value

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@ngreen 

Your code in the Visible property of the datacards probably looks like this

Dropdown1.Selected.Value = "chromebook"

Instead you should do something like this

"chromebook" in Dropdown1.SelectedItems

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Awesome! Thank you so much. I had no idea that was the forumla structure for this.

@ngreen 

Yeah, its a little different when you are targeting a mutli-select field.  In this case you want to check if there is a value in the set of multi-selected options rather than equals.

Actually, wait. I thought it was working but it looks like it isn't. I wrote the visible statement like you suggested, but the card just stays not visible.

@mdevaney any idea why it isn't displaying properly?

I figured it out. We need "Value" at the end of the formula

"iPhone 7s" in DataCardValue31.SelectedItems.Value

@ngreen 

There must be something different about your situation...  I am curious as to why.

When I tested the solution I put this code in the Combobox Items property

["chromebook","usb","mifi"]

Then when I put this code in the Text property of a label it shows true.

"chromebook" in Combobox1.SelectedItems

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,602)