cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
shaneOZ
Level 8

Visible text box using an If statment and Update Context to make unvisible despite true (images Code etc)

Hi,

My app has an text input button (numeric only) that a user puts in a number, if that number is bigger than 24 i have an image, text box and a button (the X) shows the following image

111.png

however i need for the button to ignore the If statment and close the image despite the If statment being true. Its more of a warning system as the number should never exceed 24 unless someone before them put in the incorrect value

The image, text box and button visible code is 

If(Value(Can_SMU.Text) > Value(ASS_SMU.Text) + 24, true, false)

What code do i put into the onselect of the X button?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Visible text box using an If statment and Update Context to make unvisible despite true (images Code etc)

@shaneOZ
My idea would be to put this code in the OnChange property of your text input instead

If(Value(Can_SMU.Text) > Value(ASS_SMU.Text) + 24, Set(showWarning, true))

Then change the Visible property of the warning to

showWarning

Finally, put this code in the OnSelect property of the X button to make the menu hide when pressed

Set(showWarning, false)

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Visible text box using an If statment and Update Context to make unvisible despite true (images Code etc)

@shaneOZ
My idea would be to put this code in the OnChange property of your text input instead

If(Value(Can_SMU.Text) > Value(ASS_SMU.Text) + 24, Set(showWarning, true))

Then change the Visible property of the warning to

showWarning

Finally, put this code in the OnSelect property of the X button to make the menu hide when pressed

Set(showWarning, false)

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

shaneOZ
Level 8

Thankyou i did more or less the same, except i used context variables.

Super User
Super User

@shaneOZ
I’m glad it worked. Best of luck in building your app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,376)