cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gorilla_8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

WORKING WITH FILTERS

I wanna filter a gallery based on a user().Email and if is not, show the only which he created. 

And I try this code:

If(User().Email="USER@ADMIN.COM";Despesas;Filter(Despesas;StartsWith(Solicitante;TextInput1.Text) || ID = DropDown1.Selected.ID || 'Status de pagamento'.Value=ComboBox4.Selected.Value;SortByColumns(Despesas;"ID";Descending);'Criado por'.Email = varUser.Email))

My goal is:

If is the USER@ADMIN.COM he can filter by name or ID or "status de pagamento", and if is not she only show the items he created. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Gorilla_8 ,

I don't see any error in your syntax however try it as below:

Step1: 
If(User().Email="user@admin.com";Despesas;Filter(Despesas;CreatorEmail=varUser.Email)
Step 2:
If(User().Email="user@admin.com";Despesas;Filter(Despesas;CreatorEmail=varUser.Email||Solicitante = TextInput1.Text)
Step 3:
If(User().Email="user@admin.com";Despesas;Filter(Despesas;CreatorEmail=varUser.Email||Solicitante = TextInput1.Text||'Status de pagamento'.Value=DropDown1_1.Selected.Result)
step4:
If(User().Email="user@admin.com";Despesas;Filter(Despesas;CreatorEmail=varUser.Email||Solicitante = TextInput1.Text||'Status de pagamento'.Value=DropDown1_1.Selected.Result||ID=DropDown1.Selected.ID)

So we will know which is stopping the result set.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
KrishnaV
Super User
Super User

Hi @Gorilla_8 ,

Change your filter as below:

If(User().Email="USER@ADMIN.COM",
Sort(
Filter(Despesas,
StartsWith(Solicitante;TextInput1.Text) || ID = DropDown1.Selected.ID || 'Status de pagamento'.Value=ComboBox4.Selected.Value, 'Criado por'.Email = varUser.Email)),SortByColumns(Despesas,ID,Descending))

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.
Gorilla_8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @KrishnaV , thanks again for the help!

But I got same error, he expects 2-3 parametres, I think I got lost some parentheses..

Take a look: 

If(User().Email="user@admin.com";
Sort(
Filter(Despesas;
StartsWith(Solicitante;TextInput1.Text) || ID = DropDown1.Selected.ID || 'Status de pagamento'.Value=ComboBox4.Selected.Value; 'Criado por'.Email = varUser.Email));SortByColumns(Despesas;ID;Descending))

Hi @Gorilla_8 ,

My bad I have correct my syntax errors, silly me 😞

If(User().Email="user@admin.com",
SortByColumns(
Filter(Despesas;
StartsWith(Solicitante;TextInput1.Text) || ID = DropDown1.Selected.ID || 'Status de pagamento'.Value=ComboBox4.Selected.Value; 'Criado por'.Email = varUser.Email);ID;Descending))

Regards,
KrishnaV

Hi @Gorilla_8 ,

I just noticed that you like my reply is there anything I am missing to mark that as a solution?

Please let me know so that I can help you better.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Gorilla_8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @KrishnaV !, Igot this error: 

I dont know why, i dont worl well with multiple filters.

The 'sort columns' function has invalid arguments

FILTERERROR.png

Hi @Gorilla_8 ,

Please change the Combobox selection as :

ComboBox2.Selected.Title
where my combobox is populating with SampleList.Title

Regards,
KrishnaV
Gorilla_8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @KrishnaV !

Didnt work out

Gorilla_8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @KrishnaV !

I have make a filter by all the data, but can you help me to filter by selected user?

Filter(Despesas;CreatorEmail=varUser.Email||Solicitante = TextInput1.Text||'Status de pagamento'.Value=DropDown1_1.Selected.Result||ID=DropDown1.Selected.ID)

I have this code, but I wanna the user logged filter by only his created item. 

Hi @Gorilla_8 ,

Filter(Despesas;Creator.Email=varUser.Email||Solicitante = TextInput1.Text||'Status de pagamento'.Value=DropDown1_1.Selected.Result||ID=DropDown1.Selected.ID)// if creator is a people picker column

Filter(Despesas;Created.Email=varUser.Email||Solicitante = TextInput1.Text||'Status de pagamento'.Value=DropDown1_1.Selected.Result||ID=DropDown1.Selected.ID)// this will pull with the default created sharepoint list column

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,
Krishna

Regards,
KrishnaV

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,951)