cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

WRONG date showing in gallery - from Excel data

I created a canvas app and added a gallery (blank flexible height) using an Excel table as the data source. I added a label in the gallery and referenced a date from the Excel table; however the gallery is displaying the dates as one day prior to the date in my data (10/15/2018 in Excel shows as 10/14/2018 in the gallery, and 10/02/2018 shows as 10/01/2018). How can I make it display the correct dates?

Note: I also have a date picker on the screen and filtered my gallery to display anything with the date <= the date showing in the date picker. This appears to reference the Excel data correctly.

Any help would be VERY MUCH appreciated!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WRONG date showing in gallery - from Excel data

This is caused because of the TimeZone Dates.

I Got the same Date Difference using an excel spreadsheet as a Data Source, I had to do this formula.

Text ( DateAdd (ThisItem.Data; TimeZoneOffset(ThisItem.Data);Minutes) ; "[$-pt-BR]dd/mm/yyyy" ; "pt-BR" )

Hope this helps for you..

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

This worked great--thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is caused because of the TimeZone Dates.

I Got the same Date Difference using an excel spreadsheet as a Data Source, I had to do this formula.

Text ( DateAdd (ThisItem.Data; TimeZoneOffset(ThisItem.Data);Minutes) ; "[$-pt-BR]dd/mm/yyyy" ; "pt-BR" )

Hope this helps for you..

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

This worked great--thanks!

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hello, I'm using excel spreadsheet and connected that excel file with OneDrive for business,

I have a time column which starts from 9:00 AM Morning till 5:30 PM (Evening) with a 30 minutes difference like

9:00 AM 
9:30 AM

10:00 AM

10:30 AM

... and So on.

I imported that excel and displayed that field it shows weird date and time although the column is set to time only.

Kindly help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,457)