cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Walkaround to solve the cache issues when switching between Edit/New and View forms

i have always had this issue where PowerApps SharePoint integrated forms shows the previous loaded form very briefly before navigating and showing the correct data. i have looked everywhere for solutions and not found any. Not sure if Microsoft are looking at fixing in the future, i'm just looking for any walk-around. My users are loosing trust mainly because they are having to see old data briefly. 

i'm looking for a solution that would show a blank screen briefly instead before navigating to the actual form that was clicked by the user.

Since PowerApps always caches the last form/data that was visited, i was wandering if it is possible to make a blank screen the last cached data, so that when a user clicks the new form button or view form button the blank screen shows first before the actual form displays.

Now the challenge i have is how to tackle the OnCancel scenario.  This is tricky because there are about 3 different ways to cancel a form(the Cancel button, the 'x' at the top right, clicking outside the form). 
i can navigate to the blank screen using the OnCancel property. i just don't know how to handle the other scenarios where the user clicks on the 'x' button or clicks outside the form.

This is how far I've gone

OnCancel-
If(SharePointFormMode="CreateForm", ResetForm(FormNew);Navigate(BlankScreen,ScreenTransition.None), ResetForm(FormEdit);Navigate(BlankScreen,ScreenTransition.None))

OnNew-
Set(SharePointFormMode, "CreateForm");ResetForm(FormNew);NewForm(FormNew);Navigate(FormScreenNew,ScreenTransition.None)
OnEdit-
Set(SharePointFormMode, "EditForm");EditForm(FormEdit);Navigate(FormScreenEdit,ScreenTransition.Cover)

OnView-
Set(SharePointFormMode, "ShowForm");ViewForm(FormEdit);Navigate(FormScreenEdit,ScreenTransition.Fade)

OnSave-
If(SharePointFormMode="CreateForm", SubmitForm(FormNew);Navigate(BlankScreen), SubmitForm(FormEdit);Navigate(BlankScreen))

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Walkaround to solve the cache issues when switching between Edit/New and View forms

Hi @Gottijay2000 ,

Here is something I use when galleries have to refresh to stop the user thinking the screen is frozen and start clicking things.

Do a new blank screen with the background RGBA( 230, 230, 230, 0.5) and put the spinner (attached) in the middle.

Right at the start of your code Navigate to this screen with Transition.Fade and then back again to your screen at the end of the code with the same transition.

Screen fades to spinner and then fades in again at code end. I am wondering if this would hide the experience you are having.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Come join us today! Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,057)