Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Personallearn
Helper I
Helper I

Want to Hide Column for Specific SharePoint group in Customized Power App form

Hi All,

We have customized SharePoint form using Power App and in this form we have one field (i.e column) Request Status. 

We want to show this Column in form only to Evaluation SharePoint group apart from this group all other users cannot see this field (column) in customized power app form.

Do we have any functionality in Customized Power App to show column only to one SharePoint group and for other it should hidden.

Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Personallearn ,

Create a new list named PermissionHandle in your site. Add two items in that list with title column value - "Test1" & "Test2" and set the item level permission to "Test 1", "Test 2" sharepoint groups respectively. In your power apps add this list as a datasource and on App Start property you can use a variable to check if user is in that group - 

Set(varTest1User, If(IsBlank(LookUp(PermissionHandle , Title="Test1")), false, true)); Set(varTest2User, If(IsBlank(LookUp(PermissionHandle , Title="Test2")), false, true))
Now you can go to Visible property of the field which should only be visible to members in Test1 group and add below formula - varTest1User

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
NandiniBhagya20
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Personallearn ,

There are 2 ways to do this -

1. Using Power Apps

Create a new list named PermissionHandle in your site. Add an item in that list with title column value - "Evaluation" and set the item level permission to Evaluation sharepoint group only. In your power apps add this list as a datasource and on App Start property you can use a variable to check if user is in that group - 

Set(varIsAdminUser, If(IsBlank(LookUp(PermissionHandle , Title="Evaluation")), false, true))

2. Using Power Automate 

You can call a flow on AppStart property and pass current logged in user's email id as a parameter. In power automate flow you can use rest api to check if user is in Evaluation group or not.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Personallearn
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @NandiniBhagya20 

But with this how I can show specific field like from 10 column I want to show/hide only 1 column how I can achieved.

we have 2 groups working on this form(Test1 and Test2) and I want to hide status column from Test1 but Test2 can see the column in same form.

Hi @Personallearn ,

Create a new list named PermissionHandle in your site. Add two items in that list with title column value - "Test1" & "Test2" and set the item level permission to "Test 1", "Test 2" sharepoint groups respectively. In your power apps add this list as a datasource and on App Start property you can use a variable to check if user is in that group - 

Set(varTest1User, If(IsBlank(LookUp(PermissionHandle , Title="Test1")), false, true)); Set(varTest2User, If(IsBlank(LookUp(PermissionHandle , Title="Test2")), false, true))
Now you can go to Visible property of the field which should only be visible to members in Test1 group and add below formula - varTest1User

Personallearn
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @NandiniBhagya20 

Thanks your solution works 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,064)