cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wanjos
Frequent Visitor

Want to filter an SP list with Lookup columns

We have a couple of sharepoint lists linked with Lookup columns (Group ID and Person ID) and a Choice column (Role). I am trying to check the existence of a record, to prevent duplicates, by using a filter and checking for records. But it's not returning any records at all, not even just using the Person ID: Filter('ListName',  'Person ID'.Value = dcvGroupPersonID.Selected.Value).

Any ideas?

Will

Please Note: I am aware that using SP lookup columns is frowned upon for Power Apps development, but we needed to get connected lists up and running quickly, before we had the capacity to build an app. Something we may go back and fix later.

4 REPLIES 4
PG_WorXz10
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @wanjos,

Are you getting any error message for this code ?

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

No, just no result even though records exist.

PG_WorXz10
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @wanjos,

If your filter will fetch you only one record you can try below Formula. 

First(Filter('ListName',  'Person ID'.Value = dcvGroupPersonID.Selected.Value)).RequiredColumn

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

Thank you, but it wasn't returning any rows. I managed to sort it by starting from scratch.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,043)