Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Warn me

Hi 

I have a number field called Weight and would like to warn users when they enter anything above  51 as a number example popup will say you will charged $20 Additional Handling do you want to continue ? Yes or No. 

Thanks 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Warn me

Say the text input field in which the user enters a number is called TextInput1.

In the OnChange property of TextInput1, add the following formula:
If(Value(TextInput1.Text)>50, Set(alertVar, true), Set(alertVar, false))

Then add a label and two buttons and set their visibility to alertVar.

On the Yes button, do whatever you want to do if the user wants to proceed with the process. On the No button, use the following in the OnSelect property:
Set(alertVar, false)
This will hide the alert and the buttons.

Let me know if this helps.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia
The Power Addict
https://thepoweraddict.com

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi,

How can added warm me when dropdown value FedEx select on the formula, as i try to add but not working?

If(DataCardValue8.Selected.Value="FedEx", Value(inputCost_1.Text)>50, Set(alertVar, true), Set(alertVar, false))

updated here solution for solving to my question as if anyone else need in the future below is the code.

i have modified so it can be used for future anyone need it .

If("FedEx" in DataCardValue8.Selected.Value&&Value(inputCost_1.Text)>50, Set(alertVar, true),

If("UPS" in DataCardValue8.Selected.Value&&Value(inputCost_1.Text)>50, Set(alertVar, true),

If("RRTS" in DataCardValue8.Selected.Value&&Value(inputCost_1.Text)>2800, Set(alertVar1, true)
If("YRC" in DataCardValue8.Selected.Value &&Value(inputCost_1.Text)>2800,Set(alertVar1, true)))))

Thanks 

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Say the text input field in which the user enters a number is called TextInput1.

In the OnChange property of TextInput1, add the following formula:
If(Value(TextInput1.Text)>50, Set(alertVar, true), Set(alertVar, false))

Then add a label and two buttons and set their visibility to alertVar.

On the Yes button, do whatever you want to do if the user wants to proceed with the process. On the No button, use the following in the OnSelect property:
Set(alertVar, false)
This will hide the alert and the buttons.

Let me know if this helps.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia
The Power Addict

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Thanks @PowerAddict  

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Glad I could help! Good luck with the rest of your app! Feel free to reach out in case of any questions!

Thanks,
Hardit Bhatia
The Power Addict
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi,

How can added warm me when dropdown value FedEx select on the formula, as i try to add but not working?

If(DataCardValue8.Selected.Value="FedEx", Value(inputCost_1.Text)>50, Set(alertVar, true), Set(alertVar, false))

updated here solution for solving to my question as if anyone else need in the future below is the code.

i have modified so it can be used for future anyone need it .

If("FedEx" in DataCardValue8.Selected.Value&&Value(inputCost_1.Text)>50, Set(alertVar, true),

If("UPS" in DataCardValue8.Selected.Value&&Value(inputCost_1.Text)>50, Set(alertVar, true),

If("RRTS" in DataCardValue8.Selected.Value&&Value(inputCost_1.Text)>2800, Set(alertVar1, true)
If("YRC" in DataCardValue8.Selected.Value &&Value(inputCost_1.Text)>2800,Set(alertVar1, true)))))

Thanks 

Thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,077)