cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Billy1988
Helper I
Helper I

We want our users to run the app. But they should not have access to the sharepoint list.

Hello, is it possible?

Is it possible to do something like Submit Form as Administrator?
Our users should work with the app but for privacy reasons they should not have permission to see, change or delete anything
on the sharepoint list (the database behind it).

It would be great if something like this is possible

Thank you for the Help!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Billy1988 ,'

Firstly to read or write data from Power Apps, the user must have the appropriate permissions in the data source (Power Apps has not data of its own), however it you set up a custom permission level in SharePoint (based on something like Contribute) and uncheck "View Application Pages" the user cannot browse to any SharePoint views.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hi @Billy1988 ,

In your Site Permission Settings > Permission Levels as below - add a Level at the top - I actually have one similar to what you need

NoSPPremissions.png

PANoView.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Billy1988 ,'

Firstly to read or write data from Power Apps, the user must have the appropriate permissions in the data source (Power Apps has not data of its own), however it you set up a custom permission level in SharePoint (based on something like Contribute) and uncheck "View Application Pages" the user cannot browse to any SharePoint views.

@WarrenBelz  Thanks a lot! Good idea! This would work for me.

I have to ask again. Where exactly do I have to set this permission in sharepoint?
could you maybe do a screenshoot for me?

Thanks!!!

Hi @Billy1988 ,

In your Site Permission Settings > Permission Levels as below - add a Level at the top - I actually have one similar to what you need

NoSPPremissions.png

PANoView.png

i got it. Thank you very much 🙂
This is exactly what i was looking for!!! Thanks!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,908)