cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmarcowka
Helper I
Helper I

Weight Scale - Data Entry Point

Does PA have the ability to read from a PC based scale?  If so are there any particular scales that work/integrate with greater ease?

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuxima-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bmarcowka ,

What do you mean the ability to read from a PC based scale?

Best Regards.

Yumia

Sorry for the late reply. 

We have an operation where we weigh objects and they have requested to have an application developed that would be able to read from a digital scale.  The concept is the user would input all the necessary parameteres and then weigh the object and capture that weight into the app.  

willnewham
Regular Visitor

This is something I'm just looking into also. @bmarcowka  did you manage to find any more out on this subject?

Cheers.

@bmarcowka , @willnewham 

Same question. Any headway on a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Jb8816

Hi,  I was curious if anyone had a solution for this. 

JChouinard2016
Advocate I
Advocate I

I've been working with doing something similar to this, but using a zebra barcode scanner. I have a simple app that is set up with a textbox and a timer. The timer runs on repeat every second. I used an if statement similar to this in the OnTimerEnd property of the timer:

If(Textbox1.Text <> "", //If textbox isn't empty

Patch(DataSource, Defaults(DataSource), {Data: Textbox1.Text}); //Sends data to a data source

Reset(Textbox1); //Empties the textbox for new data

SetFocus(Textbox1); //Puts cursor back into textbox1

); //Does nothing if the textbox is empty

The app runs on a raspberry pi so that we will not need to use up a whole PC for one constantly-running app.

The scanner is connected to the raspberry pi and acts as a keyboard, so when it scans something, it types the data into the textbox. The timer sends the data to a data source using the above code, and that's really it. Nothing too complicated. This process wouldn't require a raspberry pi; you can use anything that can run Power Apps.

Check out this website for how to get your scale to act as a keyboard:

https://www.instructables.com/How-to-Connect-an-Electronic-Balance-or-Scale-to-a/

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,580)