Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bub
Helper I
Helper I

Weighted scorecard using dropdowns

Hey everyone,

I'm new to PowerApps and I'm finding it a bit of a steep learning curve despite all the excellent videos I've found online.

Trying to make a page with a list of 10 questions on it using a text label for the question itself and a dropdown for Yes,No or N/A to select an answer.

I'd like to be able to give each a question a weighting as some are more important than others too.

Once it's complete (and taking the N/As into account) I want to display the overall score in a label on the same page.

I have the 10 dropdowns setup and working and can get one of the answers into the score label using something like:

If(dropdownQ1.Selected.Value = "YES", set (score,10), set(score,0))

But, how so I add up the score and, more importantly, weight the answers to get an overall % score at the end.

Any help very much appreciated 😉

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bub ,

I did a demo for you.

I use 3 dropdown controls(Dropdown1,Dropdown1_1,Dropdown1_2) and create 3 variables (Var1,Var2,Var3).

The scores for each question are: 200, 100, 50.

Set 3 dropdown controls' Items property to:

["NA","Yes","No"]

["NA","Yes","No"]

["NA","Yes","No"]

Set 3 dropdown controls' onchange property to:

If(Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Yes",Set(Var1,200),Dropdown1.Selected.Value="No",Set(Var1,0),Set(Var1,Blank()))
If(Dropdown1_1.Selected.Value="Yes",Set(Var2,100),Dropdown1_1.Selected.Value="No",Set(Var2,0),Set(Var2,Blank()))
If(Dropdown1_2.Selected.Value="Yes",Set(Var3,50),Dropdown1_2.Selected.Value="No",Set(Var3,0),Set(Var3,Blank()))

Add a label control and set its Text property to:

(Var1+Var2+Var3)/(3-If(Var1=Blank(),1,0)-If(Var2=Blank(),1,0)-If(Var3=Blank(),1,0))

The result is as follows:

vxiaochenmsft_0-1623836426431.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1623836437747.png

Best Regards,
Wearsky
If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bub ,

The easiest way is to set a variable for each dropdown control. 

Finally, you only need to use a similar formula in the label:

Var1+Var2+Var3...

Var1/(Var1+Var2...)

Best Regards,
Wearsky
If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

Bub
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you @v-xiaochen-msft .

So, I put this in the dropdown : ["YES", "NO", "N/A"]

Then I put this in the dropdown 'on change': UpdateContext({FQ1: f_dropdownQ1.Selected.Value})

This should give me the result of the selection in FQ1 context variable.

I repeat for each of the 10 questions updating the formula accordingly.

Somewhere else, in a label I need to do something with the 10 variables I have now created.

They might be Yes, No or N/A. I need to know how many N/As there are as these need to be removed from the score calculation. Then I need a 'score' for each yes or a 0 for each no.

Scoring as follows:

e.g.

5 YES / 5 NO = 50%

6 YES / 4 NO = 60%

3 YES /  6 NO / 1 NA = 33% (3 out of 9)

However, I want to weight the answers as some are much more important than others.

If Q1 = Yes then it's worth 100 points

If Q2 = Yes then it's worth 200 points

etc.

I'm totally stuck / confused ;-(((

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bub ,

I did a demo for you.

I use 3 dropdown controls(Dropdown1,Dropdown1_1,Dropdown1_2) and create 3 variables (Var1,Var2,Var3).

The scores for each question are: 200, 100, 50.

Set 3 dropdown controls' Items property to:

["NA","Yes","No"]

["NA","Yes","No"]

["NA","Yes","No"]

Set 3 dropdown controls' onchange property to:

If(Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Yes",Set(Var1,200),Dropdown1.Selected.Value="No",Set(Var1,0),Set(Var1,Blank()))
If(Dropdown1_1.Selected.Value="Yes",Set(Var2,100),Dropdown1_1.Selected.Value="No",Set(Var2,0),Set(Var2,Blank()))
If(Dropdown1_2.Selected.Value="Yes",Set(Var3,50),Dropdown1_2.Selected.Value="No",Set(Var3,0),Set(Var3,Blank()))

Add a label control and set its Text property to:

(Var1+Var2+Var3)/(3-If(Var1=Blank(),1,0)-If(Var2=Blank(),1,0)-If(Var3=Blank(),1,0))

The result is as follows:

vxiaochenmsft_0-1623836426431.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1623836437747.png

Best Regards,
Wearsky

Bub
Helper I
Helper I

Oh, wow. Thank you so much @v-xiaochen-msft for taking the time to help me. I've spent absolutely ages on this without success until now.

It works perfectly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,625)