Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Weird Created By behavior with SP connections

Hi
I have a Sharepoint List that has a Power Apps customized Form for new entries.

When new entries are created, they trigger an automated Flow that uses those fields for several things, including sending emails and starting approvals.

One of those fields (which is very important) is Created By Email.

When I first created the Power Apps and the Flow, I entered my personal account for the Sharepoint Connection and it worked okay.

The thing is, when other users other than me tested the automation and created new entries, the Created By Email was theirs, which was the intended behaviour.

However, today, when I tried to switch the account used in the Sharepoint connection and I entered a service account, everything broke.

When I created a new entry, the Created By Email field was blank and the Email actions failed (because there wasn't any To email address)

Searching in the SP list details and in the Flow, I found out that the Created By changed and it was now showing the Service Account used in the Connection....
So, this creates a series of issues and doubts:

why when I use my account for the Connection between Flow/PowerApps and Sharepoint, the Created By reflects any user (no matter if it's me or not) that creates a new entry, but when I use a service account, the service account is the Created By???

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Weird Created By behavior with SP connections

Go to your app connections and see if the sharepoint connection is shared with the users. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-resources
If the users connect to sharepoint via their connection it should show them creating the record.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,392)