cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stacey_laney
Frequent Visitor

Weird Issue: HTML link not working - Colon being removed and causing error

This is a really weird one for me because it was initially working when I setup the datacard, but now it's throwing error: 

Returning NotFound for resource hashedresources/md3gu6ikqgj34/https/apps.powerapps.com/play/276e2b33-2dfb-4543-aacc-9d8c88cb3cfe after trying all 2 configured resource origins.  

So, I have a field on SharePoint list called "FROM List" that is a simple text box that Power Automate populates with the PowerApps link+SharePoint ID number.  This part is confirmed working, as I see the links in each item and can copy those links and paste into browser and the correct item shows up in the PowerApp.   Then on PowerApps, I've taken that datacard's contents and added a HTMLText box with clean text on top that points to the link in the SP column - and we've already confirmed the link from that column already works when copied/pasted.

The issue is that the link throws the above error, and what I've found is that PowerApps is somehow REMOVING the colon ":" after "https" in the link.  See screenshots attached.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out WHY PowerApps is doing this and I'm hoping  someone would have some  ideas because this is a weird one. 

1 REPLY 1
stacey_laney
Frequent Visitor

Well, it's "MAGICALLY" working now and no longer stripping the colon.  I'm relieved and also a bit frustrated.  All I can think is that maybe this was a temporary "bug" on Microsoft's side - something  done that was affecting this, because I have literally not touched it since I posted this, hoping someone here would have an idea.  Came here this morning to see if there was a response that maybe I missed, saw nothing but decided to try the link it my app,  and VOILA! it works.

Again, relieved but VERY frustrated.  I don't like having no answers and no rhyme or reason why something just suddenly doesn't work then suddenly does.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,032)