cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dorinda
Super User
Super User

Weird issues with Patching a Gallery to SharePoint

So I am still working on the solution to this case https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Patch-gallery-items-with-people-picker-combo... no luck so far, but I have another interesting issue.

When I am patching to SharePoint, it is patching additional blank rows.  So if I have two items in my collection it is adding 3 more blank rows to my SharePoint list.  Its like it is cached or something weird.

This is what I have on my submit button 

ForAll(EmployeeRecognition, Patch(ERValueCoinV2, Defaults(ERValueCoinV2), {Justification: Justification} )); SubmitForm(NewRecognition); Reset(Gallery2)

Any idea what is causing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I would suggest you raise a ticket to Microsoft Support, maybe you can get more details for your questions. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
eka24
Super User
Super User

Using Defaults in the Patch will insert new rows.

Also does the sumnitform also send data into the same Datasource?

Try

ForAll(EmployeeRecognition, Patch(ERValueCoinV2, {Justification: Justification} ));
SubmitForm(NewRecognition); Reset(Gallery2)

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

@eka24  I understand that default add rows, what I don't understand is why is it adding more rows then are being saved to the collection, if I have 2 people in the collection it adds 5 rows, the two that should be there and three blanks, and I still need to figure out how to patch from the other thread the Employee field which is a People Picker in SharePoint that isn't working either.

I would suggest you raise a ticket to Microsoft Support, maybe you can get more details for your questions. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,473)