cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

What Tool When help

The Which Tool When Power App is really incredible. We downloaded it and are trying to edit it for other non-O365 apps that are available in our company.

My question is you allow the selection of multiple questions within the categories? It seems like it is main for one choice. Is this possible? 

If you look at the 1st screenshot, you it returns Teams. In the 2nd screenshot if I select more than one criteria, ALL of the options get X'd out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @amwall ,

All data sources of the sample app are Collections created in App.OnStart property. You can make the modification to collection directly.

If you want to Excel datasheet, this is what you need to do:

1. connect four Tables from excel spreadsheet to PowerApps by OneDrive for business connector.

2. remove or comment out the concurrent function.

3. add the following code: 

ClearCollect(Scenarios,Table1);ClearCollect(Tools,Table2);ClearCollect(Questions,Table4);ClearCollect(ToolCapabilities,Table5)

Then the data sources are replaced by Excel tables.

Snipaste_2020-04-27_11-00-16.png

Sik

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amwall ,

What have you modified on the app?

Each need in the left gallery corresponds to a capability, the issue, I guess, is that Outlook lacks one of these capabilities in the ToolCapability table. You can go to ToolCapabilities table to check and add it.

Needs and corresponding CapabilityNeeds and corresponding CapabilityToolCapabilities tableToolCapabilities table

Sik

Highlighted

@v-siky-msft 

I will go back and review to make sure we have done that, but it works correctly selecting a single criteria, it just doesn't allow us to select multiple criteria that will return multiple options.

Ex. In my screenshots, if we select "Collaborate and share files with colleagues, customers, or partners" AND "Send or use email", then we should see check marks (not X's) beside Outlook and Teams. Instead, it X's out ALL Recommended Tools.

I appreciate you looking at this! 

Highlighted

Hi @amwall ,

As I mentioned above, each need corresponds to one capability, the tool must have the corresponding selected capabilities to display as a checkmark.

From your screenshot two, we can find Outlook only has one capability that is 'Email communication', and Teams doesn't have 'Email communication capability', so they do not meet two needs you selected. ("Collaborate and share files with colleagues, customers, or partners" AND "Send or use email")

The workaround is to add the capability for the tool in ToolCapabilities table.

Ex: Add 'Email communication capability' for Teams Tool and Add 'Active collaboration capability' for Outlook.

Hope this helps.

Sik

Highlighted

@v-siky-msft  you have been so very helpful.

I'm really new to PowerApps and definitely not a programmer, but can muddle my way through. 😊

I found the example spreadsheets you listed in your previous reply and will try to use though.

Highlighted

Hey Sik,
Another question if you please? When you use the zip files to get the app, it doesn’t appear that the collections you had screenshots of, are included in the zip?

I have them, but do not see how the app then connects to them? Is it as simple as just reading the tables in Connections?
Highlighted

Hi @amwall ,

All data sources of the sample app are Collections created in App.OnStart property. You can make the modification to collection directly.

If you want to Excel datasheet, this is what you need to do:

1. connect four Tables from excel spreadsheet to PowerApps by OneDrive for business connector.

2. remove or comment out the concurrent function.

3. add the following code: 

ClearCollect(Scenarios,Table1);ClearCollect(Tools,Table2);ClearCollect(Questions,Table4);ClearCollect(ToolCapabilities,Table5)

Then the data sources are replaced by Excel tables.

Snipaste_2020-04-27_11-00-16.png

Sik

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @v-siky-msft 

What about if i want to change the names on gallery like Scenario, ScenarioName so that it goes to different screen i wish 

Thanks 

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also close the item., please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,841)