cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barbawesome
Regular Visitor

What does ComboBox.NavigateItem do?

Hello,  

Simple question what does ComboBox.NavigateItem do?  I can find no reference to it anywhere on the Internet(Google and this forum) or in the documentation.  

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

@Barbawesome 

Like you say, it's not in the documentation and I would therefore avoid using it.

It's not a property I've ever used. My guess is that Microsoft accidently added this property, or that they're working on enhancing the combobox control and have released something that's still a work in progress.

timl_0-1656794409115.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

@Barbawesome ,

What are you referring to  - that (it is not a property of a Combo Box) ?

Barbawesome
Regular Visitor

@WarrenBelz 

When I was playing around with ways to get data out of combo boxes I fell onto this and could not find references.

In the example shown once you chose PowerApps says NavigateItem returns a record.    I can't find which one. 

Capture.PNG

Thank you for your time

timl
Super User
Super User

@Barbawesome 

Like you say, it's not in the documentation and I would therefore avoid using it.

It's not a property I've ever used. My guess is that Microsoft accidently added this property, or that they're working on enhancing the combobox control and have released something that's still a work in progress.

timl_0-1656794409115.png

@Barbawesome ,

As @timl says, it is a bug. I tested here and set a Variable to it, which produced a blank record (it expects a record structure) no matter what I put in it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,526)