cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stapes
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

What does Reset(BarcodeScanner) reset it to?

My Barcode Scanner control has the following properties:

Reset: false

OnScan: false

It is linked to a Text Input control named txtQrCode2, with the following property:

Default: BarcodeScanner4.

I have added a Cancel Icon to reset this value.

In that Icon's OnSelect property, I have tried numerous approaches, all without success.

Reset(BarcodeScanner) appears to clear the text field, but it is not seen as empty here:

Filter(FinishedGoodsMaster,  (SearchInput_2.Text in stDescLine1) , (SearchInput_2.Text in stCodeParent) ,
(txtQrCode2.Text in stCodeParent))

So when I scan a value, the gallery displays the correct item, but when I Reset the BarcodeScanner control, the Gallery shows nothing. It should show everything - if it was truly empty - which is what happens if I manually delete the value.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EricLott
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Reset(BarcodeScanner) will set BarcodeScanner.Value to Blank(). You can test this by adding this formula to a label

BarcodeScanner.Value = Blank()

Which will return true after you reset the BarcodeScanner control. Try using BarcodeScanner.Value instead of just BarcodeScanner and see if that fixes it. 

---
If this answered your question, please click "Accept Solution". If this helped, please Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
EricLott
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Reset(BarcodeScanner) will set BarcodeScanner.Value to Blank(). You can test this by adding this formula to a label

BarcodeScanner.Value = Blank()

Which will return true after you reset the BarcodeScanner control. Try using BarcodeScanner.Value instead of just BarcodeScanner and see if that fixes it. 

---
If this answered your question, please click "Accept Solution". If this helped, please Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Brilliant. I changed the Default property of my Text Input field to this:

If(IsBlank(BarcodeScanner4.Value),"",BarcodeScanner4.Value)

All now works!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,349)