cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

What happen if we have a Required field inside our sharepoint list and we remove it from the create/edit forms

I am not sure if PowerApp will rely on the setting we set for the fields. so let say i have a list named Project which contain these 2 fields:-

1. Project Status >> Required (on both content type and site column levels) >> does not have a default value.

2. Project Estimated Date >> Optional >> default = today

and we removed these 2 fields from the powerapp create and edit forms.. so will we be able to save the item, even if we did not specify a value for the Project Status? and will the Project Estimated Date get a default value?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

@johnjohn123 

Project Status is a required field so it must have a value specified in your PowerApps form.  If no value is supplied then the form will not submit.

There are two possible solutions here.  Either of them should be done in SharePoint, not PowerApps:

1.  Change Project Status so it is not a required field.

2.  Give Project Status a default value so if no status is supplied the record can still be created.  (example: Opened)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

@johnjohn123 

You must supply the Default value in PowerApps manually.

Put this code in the Default property of your control.

Defaults(your_datasource_name).your_field_name

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

@johnjohn123 

Project Status is a required field so it must have a value specified in your PowerApps form.  If no value is supplied then the form will not submit.

There are two possible solutions here.  Either of them should be done in SharePoint, not PowerApps:

1.  Change Project Status so it is not a required field.

2.  Give Project Status a default value so if no status is supplied the record can still be created.  (example: Opened)

---

Ok thanks for the update, i changed the field to be optional >> and i set a default value for the field inside SharePoint >> but when the item is visible inside powerapp form the default value will not be shown.. so is power app suppose to sync the default value for the field from SharePoint? is the answer is yes , then why this is not happening in my case, although i have refresh the data source..

@johnjohn123 

You must supply the Default value in PowerApps manually.

Put this code in the Default property of your control.

Defaults(your_datasource_name).your_field_name

---

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,129)