cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Re: What is "Render in classic mode" doing?

Turning on classic mode helped me fix a bug in iOS.

Label with an autoheight weren't displayed correct, the height was way too small and therefor the text was cut. Enabling classic mode fixed that problem for me.

Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@AKotb wrote:

we have made a recent rewrite of some of of the core components and we wanted to have a way to go back to the old infrastructure in case there is a problem in the new one.

if your app is working fine when this is turned off, then that is awesome :), if you found a problem that recently that gets solved by turning on the classic mode then lets us know and we will investigate it.

Thanks

The number one issue for us is gallery scrolling back to the top without control. It's not acceptable to have an item get patched/updated in a Gallery collection and then have it scroll back to top.

Currently classic mode resolves this.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

My issue seems to be only with iOS - with Classic Mode Off (i.e Rendering On), a Gallery control does not scroll up/down with user touch/scroll - it's locked

Dont kill classic mode as yet, it not a finished product! Otherwise our Apps will be browser only not cross-device

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

A fix for an issue with mobile devices (iOS and Android) and Gallery scrolling was released last week -- can you try re-publishing to get the changes?

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Classic mode fixes this for me too.

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Classic mode also fixes this for me.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@HwanToday I attempted republishing an app I am working on and, while I don't have the locked scrolling issue, scrolling is noticeably jerkier and has strange artifacts of list items when the top or bottom of the list is reached in a gallery. Having a filter on to limit the number of items seems to help a little bit, but not much. These are not large lists (like 15-25 items, filtered to show 1-5).

There is some jerkiness at the top and bottom of a gallery list with improved rendering off, but overall it is much better. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,592)