Did you mean: 
Highlighted

What to put into flow parameters in my powerapp

Hi,

I'm getting this:

sdfg.PNG

when I try to add a flow to my button in powerapps. I tried this:

dsfg.PNG

but as you can see it gives it a red wavy line and just simply doesn't accept it. I got this 'potential' solution from an msft (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Pass-variable-from-powerapps-to-flow/m-p/66781#M6...) but I accepted it as a solution before I tried it! Lesson learned!

Any help, as ever is much apprecated.

C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to put into flow parameters in my powerapp

Hi @cardinalpipkin

Try to delete the flow from PowerApps and add it again.

Parameters are whatever you send from PowerApps to Flow. In your picture you are asking for one parameter which is called Sendapprovalemail. When you execute this Flow in PowerApps it will ask what you want to assign to this parameter (in your case you want to assign email) so either you type in the email manually "myemail@email.com" or assign it dynamically from a control ThisControl.Text or from variable _EmailVariable (of course you have to set up all the variables and controls yourself)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Power Apps Staff sarafankit
Power Apps Staff

It is giving the red line, because your Flow is expecting three parameters but you have supplied only two. Can you please supply the third parameter as well?

I don't understand what the three parameters are. There is nothing that I can find on the entire internet that explains this.

Can you tell me what it's asking for?

My Powerapp has two drop downs, both which allow the user to select two different email addresses. They select two different email addresses (in both drop downs) and click a button. I'm hoping this button will trigger the workflow (which I've attached to the button but as you can see doesn't like the solution provided to me from the msft) and send an approval email to the first approver, then following approve/reject, to the second approver.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @cardinalpipkin

When you created this flow (PowerApp -> Startanapproval) you selected what parameters to ask in PowerApps. If you only want to send two parameters first go into Microsoft Flow and remove the third parameter. Then it will not give an error in Microsoft PowerApps

Hi Martynas,

That doesn't seem right - I've removed the parameters from the flow, updated it and restarted the powerapp editor and it's still asking for three parameters. Here's the flow (of which I've removed 90% of it to test to see what these parameters are).

fgdfg.PNG

I have two other flows which don't ask for three parameters, in picture below I've written numbers, who many parameters are required:

asdf.PNG

The number three is the one I've been advised to use by msft's on this forum. 

What I really need is someone to describe to me what the parameters are and how they are typed into powerapps. I cannot find anything on the internet regarding it.

C

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @cardinalpipkin

Try to delete the flow from PowerApps and add it again.

Parameters are whatever you send from PowerApps to Flow. In your picture you are asking for one parameter which is called Sendapprovalemail. When you execute this Flow in PowerApps it will ask what you want to assign to this parameter (in your case you want to assign email) so either you type in the email manually "myemail@email.com" or assign it dynamically from a control ThisControl.Text or from variable _EmailVariable (of course you have to set up all the variables and controls yourself)

View solution in original post

Hi MArtynas,

That's great - I've made progress based on your advice. It's still asking for the Startanapproval_Itemlink as a third parameter. How would I link to the document or item in the powerapp or even the sharepoint list it's all based on?

C

I closed powerapps, restarted and then deleted, then re-added the workflow and now what you say makes sense. The parameters now look different and in accordance with my Flow. A few bugs to be removed by the looks of it.

Thanks for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,190)