cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

What will happen when some user reach the limit of 2000 requests per day?

We just started 1 year ago with PowerAutomate. Before someone told us Microsoft is using one big pool with all the license request limits. For example:

5000 E3 licenses will be one big pool like this. 5000 x 2000 = 10.000.000 requests per day

When you read now the documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/power-automate/limits-and-config#looping-and-debatching-limits

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/power-platform/admin/api-request-limits-allocations

Microsoft is talking about 2000 requests per user per day. What will happen when some user runs multiple flows and reach the limit of 2000. Will there be an error or will it be waiting on a queue and start the next day? Or will it be working like before because of the one big pool?

7 REPLIES 7
Super User III
Super User III

@khha 

Once the user reaches the limit their requests may be throttled (slowed down).  If you go a little bit over the limit there haven’t really been consequences.  But if you go far over continuously MS will require you to pay for an additional pool of requests.  You will not receive any surprise invoice in the mail.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Super User III
Super User III

Hi @khha ,

I totally agree and echo with @mdevaney also with that I would suggest you to revisit on the flows to implement with the new and great feature from Microsoft, condition triggering of Flows. This will help you to cut down unnecessary flow runs.

https://www.timlinenterprises.com/microsoft-power-automate-flow-trigger-conditions/#:~:text=It's%20c...
Have look on this video created by a great MVP and dual super user @RezaDorrani explaining about  why and how to implement triggers in Flow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-gP-E6CCE4

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

@mdevaney interesting answer. So there will be no error and the PowerAutomate will continue in some throttle mode which has some delay or is slow. But is there some official documentation about this? Because I need to now to make some difficult desicions.

@KrishnaV we know about the condition filters and we are using it already. But the problem is we are using 1 service account for all our business critical PowerAutomates which we make from IT for de business. The reason is that we dont want to make PowerAutomates from our personal accounts because of there will be some moment we are going to leave the organisation. For each new SharePoint sitecollections we importing the PowerAutomates by that single service account. So at this moment we have 50 SharePoint sitecollections. Each sitecollection has 6 PowerAutomates. The owner of these PowerAutomates is that single service account. That limit of 2000 will be on the owner  (service account) of the PowerAutomate and not the the user which triggered the PowerAutomate. So I am afraid of that limit of 2000.

@RezaDorrani I have read some other thread where you was talking about one big requests pool for all the licensed users. Is this still available?

Hi @khha ,

Now I am a little worried, why only one service account? why not a service account for each business so that you will not run into this issue. Believe me the license for new service account is less than you will end up in paying extra to MS for additional flow runs. Having business-level service account is always handy to maintain.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

@khha 

Just have a conversation with your Microsoft licensing partner.  It’s the easiest way to clarify these things. I don’t have any links to send you 🙂

@mdevaney Im afraid our license partner also dont know, but I can give it a try. I think I have more experience than they have 🙂

I found this official documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/billing-questions#what-happens-if-my-usage-exceeds-t...

They talk about a throttle. But what is a throttle in PowerAutomate?

Here they are talking about the quota in the PowerAutomate admin center. There you will see the total pool of all liceses. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/billing-questions#how-do-i-know-how-much-ive-used

Hi @khha ,

I hope that solved your issue. if that so please mark the relevant reply as a solution so that it will be easy for the new members.

If you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,
Krishna

Regards,
KrishnaV

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (33,684)