cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackDubock

When Button is Pressed send text input to table / sharepoint document

Hi am very bew to powerapps and wondering if anyone can help,

Will try to explain as best as possible. I am trying to create a simple application that allows it so a visitor enters our business and when they type in their name and phone number etc, a button is pressed and all of the text input is sent to a document or table within sharepoint that then stores it. I want to then be able to extract that data when they are ready to leave so that they can select it from a list and then essentailly "check them out" and the data is still stored with the time of visit etc. Any help will be much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
poweractivate
Super User
Super User

@JackDubock 

Microsoft makes it very easy for people brand new to PowerApps. 

What you can do is just go to your SharePoint List, click on Power Apps dropdown, click on "Create an app"

and voila, a starter three screen app with functionality you are requesting already there!

createanapp-0016.png

Obviously this is just the starting point, for your scenario you may want to customize this app, which of course you can do anywhere from a little bit to quite extensively -  but you may find this default three screen app might already do some of what you are asking for, and it takes only few clicks to do it.

See if the above helps @JackDubock 

Your answer has actually been helpful in the sense i had no clue you could do that directly from sharepoint! but i think what im trying to achieve is allowing for this application to be stored at front desk and someone can come and type there name in. This information to then be stored in a table with time etc, and when they are leaving they can view a list of people currently signed in and sign themselves out. I understand that this is very complex and probably will not be able to be explained through one simple answer, but what im looking for I can't seem to find anywhere online and have no previous experience using this application. @poweractivate 

@poweractivate Furthermore leading on from that, When creating the application directly from sharepoint it is automatically in mobile view is there a way to have it in tablet view instead. 

@JackDubock ,

Go into the Settings and change the canvas size - I have some custom forms that occupy most of the SharePoint screen when opened.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@JackDubock ,

You can do this in a SharePoint filtered View - just filter on where sign-in is present and sign-out is not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,346)