cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stapes
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

When I Play my App, I am getting a red error message 'The data returned in the response is invalid.' How do I get rid of this?

When I Play my App (as opposed to running it in the PowerApps studio) I get this red error message appear. I would expect this dataset to be empty from time to time. It is not an error. The message is disconcerting to me & would be even more so to our users:

Red message.PNG

How do I suppress this?

I have tried wrapping the whole thing in an IsEmpty statement, like this, to no effect. The message still persists:

If(!IsEmpty(UnpostedStockCountsUnits.Run(SelectedBItem.stCode)),ClearCollect(UnpostedCounts,UnpostedStockCountsUnits.Run(SelectedBItem.stCode)))

3 REPLIES 3
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @stapes ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you call a Power Automate flow (MS Flow) from your canvas app?

Based on the error message that you mentioned, it seems to tell that there is something with the returned data within the flow response. Could you please share a screenshot about your flow's configuration?

Please check if you have specified proper response within your flow's configuration. Based on the formula you provided, I could not find any syntax error with it.

If you want to return a table value back to your canvas app from your flow, please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/return-an-array-from-flow-to-powerapps-response-method/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
stapes
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Thanks @v-xida-msft

I am calling a flow from a my app - which is a Canvas App:

ClearCollect(PhotoImages, CollectPhotosForStCode.Run(SelectedRow.stCode.Text));

There is no data in this particular dataset, but that is not an error. No photos have been added yet.

The response coming back from the Flow run (found in the flow run history) is Status 200:

status-200.PNG

stapes
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this unwanted error message? None have been forthcoming so far.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,093)