cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SvenMaesADO
Frequent Visitor

When I create an item in a sharepoint list from a powerapps form the wrong user is inserted into the Created By field

The form was created by my user but a technical user has been made for flows and forms. 

The form used to work correctly and put the correct user in the created by field. 

But now the technical user is inserted into the created by field and this is messing up my flows. 

There is no special action on save or anything I can find. 

Is there some way I can check or correct this?

Edit: It appears to only happen with my user. When an other user creates an item via the form it gets the correct user

3 REPLIES 3
FCGALLEG
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi SvenMaesADO,

Have you checked what user do you have in the connection to Sharepoint?

If you edit the app, you can check it.

Regards,

Javier

In the datasource? It is connected via the technical user. 

The strange thing is it appears to only go wrong for my user. Other users don't seem to have this problem. 

When another user creates an item, the correct user is displayed in the created by field. 

SvenMaesADO
Did you check the permissions in sharepoint? 
If you take a network traces, can you see any error?

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (46,849)