Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

When I open my gallery item the selected item gets delayed

Hi All,

I've created an app with a gallery that shows the items which are created by filling in a form.

When I go to my gallery I see several items be showed which I can open by the Arrow (button) I've created.

I've three formulas that navigates me to the right page (I use just one, but all 3 works).

Navigate('Form page 1',Fade,{conRecord: ThisItem})

Refresh('Request Form');Navigate('Form page 1');Select(Parent)

Refresh('Request Form');Navigate('Form page 1')

The 'form page 1' item property is set to TemplateGalleryList1.Selected, so in my opinion this should be correct.

So the above setup works for me, there is just one thing I am not happy with... When I open on Item it displays that Item correctly, but when I go back and open a different item it first show's the old item (for like 3 seconds) and then jumps to the right Item. In first I thought this would be an internet connection issue, but I would like to know if there is a solution for this (maybe add something to my formula).

So my desired situation is that when I select an item in my gallery it goes immediately to the correct item (it's oke if it takes like 2-3 seconds) but it's confusing if the old item gets shown first.

I hope someone can help me

Thanks!

Ramon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Re: When I open my gallery item the selected item gets delayed

Hi @v-siky-msft,

It looks like I've fixed my issue with the formula: ResetForm(Form1);Navigate('Form page 1').

Item property set to: TemplateGalleryList1.Selected

Looks really easy to me but when I open my screen right now it doesn't show the old information and goes directly to the requested information 

Thanks a lot for your input, it helped me to figure out what might went wrong..

Ramon 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ramonnooijen ,

I made a test on my side, but don't have the delay issue you mentioned.

Could you try to change the network and refresh the SharePoint connection to see if the issue is fixed?

As an alternative workaround, please try with the first Navigate function: Navigate('Form page 1',Fade,{conRecord: ThisItem})

Save the select item to the variable, then set conRecord to Gallery.Items property.

Hope this helps.

Sik

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @v-siky-msft,

Thanks for your reply!

When I am in the app studio where I can edit my app and I start the review it doesn't give me the delay either.

It's only when I publish my app and try the steps via my add on app in Teams or via the link to open my app in the browser.

I've tried your steps incl. the alternative, but unfortunately, it still gives the same delay 😞

It looks like it navigates to the right page and then loads the information that's requested, but the old field has not been cleared/refreshed so maybe I could add something like that to the formula?

Thanks!

Ramon

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @v-siky-msft,

It looks like I've fixed my issue with the formula: ResetForm(Form1);Navigate('Form page 1').

Item property set to: TemplateGalleryList1.Selected

Looks really easy to me but when I open my screen right now it doesn't show the old information and goes directly to the requested information 

Thanks a lot for your input, it helped me to figure out what might went wrong..

Ramon 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,328)