Any tip on how to fix this would be highly appreciated 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: When I scroll down, buttons go on top of fields

Hi @vicky_rodgers,

I agree with hpkeong.

From the image you shared, the button is added over a EditForm control, which means it is added within the screen, not the form control.

I think you should have already noticed that a Form control is consist of DataCards, and we can only add DataCard first before we add control in a form.

When scrolling down the form control, you scroll the DataCards within it, so here if you would like to have the button to go with the first DataCard, you need to first select the DataCard, then insert the button into it.

To Add controls into DataCard, please first select the DataCard control, then under Advanced tab in the right pane, click Unlock, after that, you should be able to add controls.

Or, you may add a custom field (under the Data Tab in the right pane, Fields part), then insert buttons into this DataCard:

70.PNG

Then Drag and drop the DataCard1 under the Fields part to the position you would like to place it.

Adding some reference:

Understand data forms in Microsoft PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
hpkeong
Level 10

Hi

There is nothing wrong with your button but rather

- When you Add a button ( or anything), make sure it is either INSIDE the Card or Outside the Card.

If Inside, it will move together with all the fields.

- If outside, that means it is in a Static Position.

Please check before inserting button.

I am sure you understand what I mean.

have a nice day.

hpkeong
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @vicky_rodgers,

I agree with hpkeong.

From the image you shared, the button is added over a EditForm control, which means it is added within the screen, not the form control.

I think you should have already noticed that a Form control is consist of DataCards, and we can only add DataCard first before we add control in a form.

When scrolling down the form control, you scroll the DataCards within it, so here if you would like to have the button to go with the first DataCard, you need to first select the DataCard, then insert the button into it.

To Add controls into DataCard, please first select the DataCard control, then under Advanced tab in the right pane, click Unlock, after that, you should be able to add controls.

Or, you may add a custom field (under the Data Tab in the right pane, Fields part), then insert buttons into this DataCard:

70.PNG

Then Drag and drop the DataCard1 under the Fields part to the position you would like to place it.

Adding some reference:

Understand data forms in Microsoft PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,951)