cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naderhadjebi
Frequent Visitor

When I submit a PowerApp form it keeps overwriting the previous entry in list it goes to

When I submit a PowerApp form it keeps overwriting the previous entry in list it goes to. Any suggestions? entry from form keeps overwriting one line in sharepoint list it goes to.entry from form keeps overwriting one line in sharepoint list it goes to.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

There are different form modes for adding a new record versus updating an existing record.  Are you sure you are using the form with it set to New?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Take a look at this article by Matt Devaney Power Apps Form Modes - NewForm, EditForm and ViewForm (matthewdevaney.com)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

There are different form modes for adding a new record versus updating an existing record.  Are you sure you are using the form with it set to New?

Thanks Paul. Do you have more information on or can you please point me to any resources which would help me add a new record vs. updating existing?

Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Take a look at this article by Matt Devaney Power Apps Form Modes - NewForm, EditForm and ViewForm (matthewdevaney.com)

looks pretty promising. I will refer to it and update you if it works. thanks

I did take step back and took another look at the form. I changed the default mode from Edit to New and it works perfect now. thanks!

Set form to new and new submissions create new entrySet form to new and new submissions create new entry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,612)