cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattMolkoski
Frequent Visitor

When Submitting a Form to SharePoint, receive Error (npokhrel123 npokhrel123 Helper I Helper I The query cannot be completed because the number of lookup columns it contains exceeds the lookup column threshold enforced by administrator)but form still submits to SharePoint List

Hi,

I'm trying to submit a form with a number of LookUp columns, likely exceeding the threshold set by the administrator.

When I submit the form from PowerApps, the submitform function executes, the back() function executes and I end up back where I was supposed to, but I get the "The Requested Operation is invalid. Server Response: <SharePoint List> failed: The query cannot be completed because the number of lookup columns it contains exceed the lookup column threshold enforced by the administrator.

However, when I look at the list in SharePoint, the form has successfully submitted and my new item is showing. What's going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The limit is 12 and that includes fields like lookups, person fields, and the standard fields like created by.

chances are some of the fields may not be getting updated when you patch 

https://natechamberlain.com/2018/09/04/how-to-increase-lookup-column-limit-in-sharepoint-lists/

you may want to replace some

of your lookups with text fields or split this to multiple lists

you can still simulate a lookup field by storing the id or name of a record in a text field, especially if the list is only used in your app

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

The limit is 12 and that includes fields like lookups, person fields, and the standard fields like created by.

chances are some of the fields may not be getting updated when you patch 

https://natechamberlain.com/2018/09/04/how-to-increase-lookup-column-limit-in-sharepoint-lists/

you may want to replace some

of your lookups with text fields or split this to multiple lists

you can still simulate a lookup field by storing the id or name of a record in a text field, especially if the list is only used in your app

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,910)