Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trishmalloy
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

When a record is edited a new one is created, the existing record isn't updated

Hello again,

What should I check to see why this is happening?

Trish

21 REPLIES 21

@trishmalloy  Yes sure, I can try though first I have 2 questions.

1. Are you using 2 data sources to build your app? Ie List of Client names and Client Workouts?

2. Have you had a play around with creating a basic mobile PowerApp where all you do is select the data source and PowerApps builds the standard 3 screen app? I think this may suit your needs if 1 above is correct.

My thoughts are that you could do 2 above then inside the form that is created change the Client name data card to a dropdown that references the 'List of Client Names' data source.

Are you able to try 2 above ( if you haven't already) and see if it meets your needs?

From my re-read of your situation I think that when you edit a new,y created record you are somehow running submit form of the NewForm which is creating the blank extra record. I think it has something to do with how you are navigating around your app but it's too difficult for me to work out where the error is without having the app in front of me.

Let me know re the above 2 questions.

I will look into this solution tomorrow.  Thank you @Eelman !

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (64,779)