cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LyonsBI_BRL
Helper III
Helper III

When an item is modified in SQL - Update and email

I'm running into an issue when I want to kick off an email when I've changed a value in my gallery for a particular item. It's connected to a SQL server, showing the items in the gallery. What I want this automated flow to do is, when someone changes the NICS Status, it updates SQL for that item and then kicks off an email to that customer, based on their email address for that particular record. 

LyonsBI_BRL_0-1619925458352.png

I have my automated flow configured like so. However, I'm not getting any emails. I did noticed when I first set the trigger, the Table names didn't populate. To fix this, I went into my SQL Created Items - Send an Email flow, and found out, when peeking at the code, it looks for the table in SQL format. 

LyonsBI_BRL_1-1619925554379.png

I know I'm missing something simple here. As it is looking at the email field, for the email address that is in that column in order to kick off an email. 

Any suggestions?

21 REPLIES 21

@Pstork1 , @Sid_Jafri 

Okay the good news first! The connection is fixed and it's seeing the DB (thank goodness!)

If I set the flow to just send an email after modifying an item, that does work!

So it's something in the Control Trigger

@Sid_Jafri 

Here's the output you were looking for. Does that mean, should it be 
triggerOutputs()?['body/_NICS_x0020_Status_Label'] ?

LyonsBI_BRL_1-1619991171135.png

@Sid_Jafri , @Pstork1 

SUCCESS! Okay here's what the solution was

1. @Pstork1 - Yes the turning on the RowVersions, was an absolute. 

2. @Sid_Jafri You were right about the output. So what it was looking for was this, triggerOutputs()?['body/NICS_x0020_Status']

It didn't dawn on me, until I went to Using triggerBody() / triggerOutput() to read CDS trigger metadata attributes in a Flow | Power Auto... and looked it up and looked out how it was formatted.

I ran my rest and the YES part kicked off! 😀

LyonsBI_BRL_2-1619995521930.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,285)