cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mandy4514
Helper I
Helper I

When converting choice combo box to gallery of check box, cannot set default of checked values

So the original combo box defaults to what was selected through default selected items set to "Parent.Default" but I cannot set the same on the gallery. My gallery is a collection of the choices in the combo box Items "Choices([@List].ContactPreferences)".  I cannot figure out what to put in default to make it default to what is already submitted.  Any ideas?

Gallery of Items:

The gallery of check boxesThe gallery of check boxes

Combo Box setting that does bring in default values:

Combo box advance settingsCombo box advance settings

Gallery of Checkboxes:

Gallery settingsGallery settings

Checkboxes in gallery to select items and update:

Checkbox in gallery advanced settingsCheckbox in gallery advanced settings

Data card that all are housed in in edit form:

Data card that all are housed in in edit formData card that all are housed in in edit form

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenFetters
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Could you try putting this in your gallery? 

ContactPreferencesDataCard1_1.SelectedItems

Does that work or is that what you're looking for? Because you're just wanting to show in the gallery only the items or item that they had selected previously right? If you're trying to show all of them, but only have the check mark be marked if they had selected that, I would try something like this: 

Gallery Items property: Choices([@List].ContactPreferences) (What you had before)

Check box default property: ThisItem.Value in ComboBox.SelectedItems.Value

See Below:

If this solved the problem for you, feel free to hit "Accept as Solution" so others can find the answer easier. 🙂

Kind regards,

Ben Fetters
Power Apps/Power Automate Developer
www.sovereignsp.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BenFetters
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Could you try putting this in your gallery? 

ContactPreferencesDataCard1_1.SelectedItems

Does that work or is that what you're looking for? Because you're just wanting to show in the gallery only the items or item that they had selected previously right? If you're trying to show all of them, but only have the check mark be marked if they had selected that, I would try something like this: 

Gallery Items property: Choices([@List].ContactPreferences) (What you had before)

Check box default property: ThisItem.Value in ComboBox.SelectedItems.Value

See Below:

If this solved the problem for you, feel free to hit "Accept as Solution" so others can find the answer easier. 🙂

Kind regards,

Ben Fetters
www.sovereignsp.com

View solution in original post

BenFetters
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

ComboBoxGallery.jpg

Kind regards,

Ben Fetters
www.sovereignsp.com

@BenFetters  I am trying to delete the combo box and just use the gallery of checkboxes but cannot make the gallery of checkboxes default to items already selected in list. The combo box will default them but the gallery will not. Thanks for your assistance.

BenFetters
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Oh okay, I understand now. If you're deleting the combo box, you'll have to reference the item in the form to know what they've already selected or find another way to reference to what they've already selected such as making a collection when you come to the screen its on if you haven't done any of those things already. Did this solve your problem though or are you still having troubles getting this to work? 

Happy to help!

Kind regards,

Ben Fetters
www.sovereignsp.com

@BenFetters  your solution works but I have to hide the combo box. I would like for it to work without the combo box if possible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,303)