Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lliu_western
Resolver II
Resolver II

When updating a PowerApp, flow gets turn off

Hi community,

I have noticed lately that whenever I export PowerApps from one environment and import it to another environment, if there is Power Automate (flows) inside the app, when I do the import and update action, it turns the Flow off until I manually turn it back on.

Is there a way I can prevent the flows to be turned off when I update the PowerApps?

Thank you in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
summitb
Super User
Super User

Hi @lliu_western 

Any time you import a flow into another environment via a solution you will need to go to that new environment and re-establish connections. The only connector that doesn't need to be re-established would be the CDS (current environment) connector. This is the challenge with importing flows this time as there is no way to go in to re-establish the connections. I'm hoping that Microsoft will eventually fix this but for the time being I will usually put flows into a separate unmanaged solution or you can export individual flows via the Power Automate platform and then import them individually into the new environment. Hope this helps. Thanks!

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
summitb
Super User
Super User

Hi @lliu_western 

Any time you import a flow into another environment via a solution you will need to go to that new environment and re-establish connections. The only connector that doesn't need to be re-established would be the CDS (current environment) connector. This is the challenge with importing flows this time as there is no way to go in to re-establish the connections. I'm hoping that Microsoft will eventually fix this but for the time being I will usually put flows into a separate unmanaged solution or you can export individual flows via the Power Automate platform and then import them individually into the new environment. Hope this helps. Thanks!

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

View solution in original post

Thanks @summitb . Months ago when I had to do the migration between environments for PowerApps, it wouldn't turn the Flow off automatically. 

I just noticed this change in recent month so I thought maybe Microsoft upgrades the platform and there still an option of prevents the flow to turn off automatically when updating. 

summitb
Super User
Super User

@lliu_western 
I have been facing this issue too and found that this is an issue at the moment. If you think if I answered your query, can you please mark it as solution so that other user will find it easier to solve.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,025)