cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattMolkoski
Frequent Visitor

When updating a SharePoint ComboBox in a Canvas App, Can't set new value to a PowerApps Variable

Hi,

Here's my scenario. I am building a form in PowerApps. This form is based in Microsoft SharePoint.

The way the form works is that the form has a drop-down list. This drop-down list is a look-up to another SharePoint list.

When the user selects the value (It is a text string) in the drop-down list, I would like to add the item they have selected to a variable in PowerApps, so I can then pass this text to a look-up table.

However, I can not seem to get the variable to populate. Here's what I'm doing:

In the OnChange element for the drop-down list, I've typed the following:

UpdateContext ({LikelihoodEntry:ThisItem.Likelihood.Value});

However, no matter what I change the Likelihood drop-down box to, the variable does not change.

Could really use some help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CapstoneAdmin
Advocate II
Advocate II

In your OnChange code, instead of "ThisItem..." Type "Self.Selected.Likelihood" and see if it works.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CapstoneAdmin
Advocate II
Advocate II

In your OnChange code, instead of "ThisItem..." Type "Self.Selected.Likelihood" and see if it works.

That worked! Thank you very much for your help. Do you know WHY that has to be used instead?

I know when you're using a dropdown that it doesn't know what to do with "ThisItem." It's looking for Dropdown.Selected. or Self.Selected. to know what value you're looking for. I don't know anything more than that haha.

Glad to help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,696)