cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JenVitug
Level 8

Where PowerApps DATA Tab used to be is now the Rules TAB, where is data Tab now?

Where PowerApps DATA Tab used to be is now the Rules TAB, where is data Tab now?  I have added a new field in my SharePoint list (datasource)  and cannot find the Data Tab to select the field/column to include in my EDITFORM.  How do i add the new field (new data card) ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where PowerApps DATA Tab used to be is now the Rules TAB, where is data Tab now?

Hi @JenVitug

You can find the Data tab here:

1) Select your Form.

2) Click Parameters

3) Click Data

5.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where PowerApps DATA Tab used to be is now the Rules TAB, where is data Tab now?

Hi @JenVitug

You can find the Data tab here:

1) Select your Form.

2) Click Parameters

3) Click Data

5.png

View solution in original post

mx
Level 8

Also ... FWIW

(Menu) View>>Data Sources >> click... Data window opens on right side of screen, showinig your Data Source (s).

DatabaseMX ('mx')
Microsoft Access MVP
JenVitug
Level 8

But what i need is the list of FIELDS/Columns from the DATASources, which  I was able to  just pick , and automatically creates a datacard in my form.  

AndyBarker
Level: Powered On

The new Rules tab is great and getting to the Data tab as described above is not a problem. However, there does not appear to be a way to pin the Data tab that allows you to make multiple edits on the data form. Once you make a single change, the Data tab disappears and you have to go back through the same steps to make it visible again. Adding a simple pin/unpin option on the tab would make it usable. 

Thanks,

Andy Barker

JenVitug
Level 8

@AndyBarker  you're correct in pointing that out.  There is now no way to have the whole list of all FIELDS for 1 particular SP list from which to choose/tick from.   you'll have to repeat clicking on the Datasource > Data properties to get to each field 

AndyBarker
Level: Powered On

@JenVitugthanks, i do understand that is what is required currently, but this is a loss of functionality that previously existed. The current implementation makes the tab virtually useless as you can only change one property at a time before it disappears. It would be great if this could be fixed.
Microsoft Paul_C
Microsoft

Hi @AndyBarker

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with the new data wizard! I'd like to better understand the problem you're facing. When exactly is the data wizard getting dismissed for you? For me, it seems that I can click the checkboxes to add and remove datacards without the panel dismissing. I can also change the datacards in the Properties pane without dismissing the wizard panel. I can even select controls inside the data card and change them without any dismissal.

I know that if I select something outside of the form (like the screen) the wizard will dismiss, but I don't know what steps you're taking here and I suspect that this isn't the case you're hitting. 

Also, are you using the Studio or a browser? If a browser what browser?

Thanks,

-Paul

- Paul C.
Software Engineer on PowerApps
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue. Specifically, I am trying to make the SharePoint field "Created by" visible. I am using Internet Explorer on Windows 8. I can select the data source and see the available fields, but there is no way to make visible some of the standard SharePoint fields, even when they are made visible in the SharePoint list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,186)