cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laibaarif
Frequent Visitor

Where are collections stored in a PowerApps?

I am interested in understanding where data in a collections is stored inside a PowerApps? My understanding is that it is hosted in the RAM?

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@laibaarif 

Yes - all in memory!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
laibaarif
Frequent Visitor

Thanks! Do we have any microsoft documentation on this?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@laibaarif 

No specific documentation that I am aware of, but I'm not sure why there would be a question to anything contrary to that - where else would it be stored??

A collection is an in-memory database-like table.  It is just like any other variable except that it has special functions to allow add/remove and updates on rows in it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,671)