cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Where exactly are these images being stored?

Hello. I am making an app that allows you to save your uploaded or camera photo urls to a sharepoint list.

Here the user can select to either upload or take a photo. Once that's done I save the urls to my sharepoint list.

SeatingPhotos.png

Here is my sharepoint list's field where I store those urls. 

SharePointList.png

I can test that these urls work since I can view them in a gallery that uses this list as its data source. 

SeatImagesGallery.png

My question is: Where exactly are these images being stored? My company wants to know just in case these might be costing something. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Where exactly are these images being stored?

Hi @Mgodby ,

Right now, this is part of your Office365 subscription subject to your normal SharePoint storage allocation.

My guess is it will stay that way - Microsoft have a lot of other things they can (and do) charge for.

Second part of your question - the images are not in your “login” OneDrive, but as mentioned you can sync them locally.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more. It also closes the item.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Mgodby ,

They are in OneDrive - you can actually sync these locally by going to the SharePoint list and choosing Sync.

They will appear on your PC as a OneDrive sync. The SharePoint library is actually a list with a link to the OneDrive file.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more. It also closes the item.

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thank you. Do you know if this charges anything? We're just trying to confirm that this won't cost anything extra or the like. So if you have Office 365 with SharePoint, PowerApps and Flow this should come with it right?

Also, is it possible to find these images? I go into OneDrive and then select the site I have the list in and there's nothing there for me to check. 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Mgodby ,

Right now, this is part of your Office365 subscription subject to your normal SharePoint storage allocation.

My guess is it will stay that way - Microsoft have a lot of other things they can (and do) charge for.

Second part of your question - the images are not in your “login” OneDrive, but as mentioned you can sync them locally.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

So is syncing the only way I can get these images?

Here they are in my SharePoint List. I don't see any option here to sync. Syncing only seems to apply to Document Library.

mySharePointList.png

What we want is to be able to find where these images are actually stored so we can view, download etc. So is syncing my OneDrive locally the only way to find these? Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

OK - I was assuming the images were in a library and you are storing them in Base64 in a test field.

You can Export to Excel from the list and achieve the same thing, only problem you will have a heap of text and not an image.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,439)