Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Where is SaveData location?

Hi,

I am testing how robust are the SaveData and LoadData functions. 

I could not find where the files are stored on Android however. there is no folder called e.g. com.microsoft.powerapps, so I don't know where to look .

Anyone can tell where the files are stored? 

Also on IOS and PowerApps app (not browser) on W10. 

EDIT: My intent was to check whether it is possible to backup and restore such files for cases of disaster recovery. seems like it's not possible, or at least not without significant effort (rooting and whatnot), and unsupported. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Brazilian_Joe ,

The storage is encrypted and in a private location on the local device, isolated from other users and other apps.

For more reference: SaveData and LoadData functions in PowerApps 

Best regards,

Sik

—————————————————————

If my post is helpful for you, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@Brazilian_Joe this blog says it's stored in a "... private area...", I don't know anymore than that.

Saving and Loading Local Data

• SaveData and LoadData functions enable us to build offline apps by storing collections of data in a private area on the local device.

link: https://www.tatvasoft.com.au/blog/implementing-offline-capability-in-powerapps-with-sharepoint-part-...

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Brazilian_Joe 

As for my knowledge goes, the SaveData function is save the data inside our mobile device/phone cache memory.

You can clear it though through clear cache option in your powerapps mobile device hamburger menu just below your account profile pic by selecting clear cache option and all your SaveData will be cleared.

Regards,

pytbyt

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Brazilian_Joe ,

The storage is encrypted and in a private location on the local device, isolated from other users and other apps.

For more reference: SaveData and LoadData functions in PowerApps 

Best regards,

Sik

—————————————————————

If my post is helpful for you, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Has anyone answered this with the exact location of the data stored to the device? The link suggested as the solution does not answer the question.

Highlighted

I have tred to find it on PowerApps app for Windows from the Microsoft Store, as well as rooted android devices. 
I could not  identify it. 

I figured that this is a design decision, and any attempt to locate and manipulate this data outside the app is dangerous and might result in data corruption and/or data loss, and is discouraged. 

My data safety concern led me to suggest more robust SaveData and LoadData functions, to safeguard from disaster scenarios, with the option of having a user-visible backup file that can be copied and restored.
If that answers your concerns, please upvote: 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Make-SaveData-and-LoadData-more-robust-against-...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,481)