cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAMUELAL
Resolver I
Resolver I

Where is the unexpected Character?

I am getting the error that characters are used in an unexpected way.

"For example, the character '\' isn't expected after a number, like this: '32\'. A space ('32') would be expected so that it's just the number 32 or another number (as in '323') would be expected.

Filter('HSS Picksheet020521Z', StartsWith(Title,ResourceDropDown.SelectedText.Value)), If(IsBlank(SerialSearchBox.Text),Filter('HSS Picksheet020521Z','Serial Number'=V1),Filter('HSS Picksheet020521Z',StartsWith('Serial Number', SerialSearchBox.Text)))

14 REPLIES 14
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

If you copied and pasted, check the first isBlank.   Make sure it's IsBlank and not Isblank.   Surprisingly enough you can get some really strange errors when there are case mismatches in the commands.

Is your SerialSearchBox a simple text input or something else?

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

The letter cases seems to have autocorrected.

Correct the SerialSearchBox is a simple text input

I tried this and it had no effect on the errors in the formula checker

SAMUELAL_0-1612798352232.png

You can easily prove what I am saying by replacing that comma with a ';'.     The issue is the construction of the statement.   The first filter statement is not within the If() so you can't separate it from the other statements with a comma.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
SAMUELAL
Resolver I
Resolver I

This is what ended up working:

<Filter('HSS Picksheet (6)', And(Title = ResourceDropDown.Selected.Result), StartsWith('Serial Number',SerialSearchBox.Text))>

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,330)