cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zeku

Where to use the Collect function in PowerApps

I want to find out where the Collect function is used in PowerApps.
I want to delete the collection of "data", but it will not be deleted if the usage part of the Coolect function remains.

Is there any way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

@zeku 

I guess what you're asking for, is how to search your app to find all formulas where you call the collect function.

If that's the case, there's no built in way to do that through the designer.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/How-do-I-find-where-a-Collection-is-created/idi...

However, you could extract the source code for your app and carry out a search using VS Code (or other code editor).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PG_WorXz10
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @zeku ,

Wherever you need group of data with multiple columns and rows you can user collection. 

If you want to delete the collection does it mean you want clear the collection or want it empty. You can use below formula for that. 

Clear(collectionName)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

Hi @PG_WorXz10

Thank you for answering.

I don't want to delete it logically, I want to delete it physically.
I want to delete all the settings of Collect, but can't I list them?

@zeku As @PG_WorXz10 had mention Clear will delete the collection. What do you really mean by deleting physically and not logically. Can you elaborate on this a bit more? 

timl
Super User
Super User

@zeku 

I guess what you're asking for, is how to search your app to find all formulas where you call the collect function.

If that's the case, there's no built in way to do that through the designer.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/How-do-I-find-where-a-Collection-is-created/idi...

However, you could extract the source code for your app and carry out a search using VS Code (or other code editor).

View solution in original post

Thank you everyone.

I didn't know that I could save Power Apps locally and open it in an editor.
I grep in the editor and found out all the places where Collect is used.

After deleting all Collect
I was able to confirm that the collection had physically disappeared.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,977)