Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G99
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Which properties to change to update a different SPO column

Hey all

I have a repeated data I need to capture on around 10+ screen, I did not fancy re-designing the same things on the screens.

I wanted to know which properties I need to change from Column1 to Column2.

I tested this with the update property of the datacard, but after submitting my form it appears this is not the only thing I need to change to get the datacard and everything else to point to column2?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@G99 

To configure this, I would recommend you to remove the data source from your app, this will make all the functionality break but you can identify individual places where the formula is used for those datasources, then you can fix them one by one on the duplicate screen only. Once you have replaced all the places, you can reconnect data source in your app.

I do this myself in a case like this as it becomes a tedious task to check individual properties.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @G99 

There are various properties which automatically gets updated, can you please share some more detail about the approach followed by you in designing the UI, maybe through some screenshot or examples. If you want to check all the properties at one place, you can also switch to the Advanced properties of individual data card to view all expressions at once. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi @yashag2255 

Say I have a choice or muti line text column in SPO - names Choice1 and MutiLine1
I then create Choice2 and Mutiline2

Rather than redesign the layout of the screen, which I want to look identical, I was hoping I can duplicate the screen, and map the properties of Choice1 and Mutiline1 to Choice2 and Mutiline2. 

I guess what I am asking is which properties need to be change to reflect the new column?

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@G99 

To configure this, I would recommend you to remove the data source from your app, this will make all the functionality break but you can identify individual places where the formula is used for those datasources, then you can fix them one by one on the duplicate screen only. Once you have replaced all the places, you can reconnect data source in your app.

I do this myself in a case like this as it becomes a tedious task to check individual properties.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

@yashag2255 

Perfect Thanks, bit of a pain but definitely better than re-doing all the design work multiple times!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (18,971)