cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV
Helper IV

Why Can't I see all of my items even though I pulled them all into a collection?

I have an SP list with more than 4000 entries and growing.  In order to get around the 2000 item limit in power apps, I am creating collections when the app starts.  Here's the code:

ClearCollect(CollectionA,Filter(REM_Wood_Inventory,ID<2000));ClearCollect(CollectionB,Filter(REM_Wood_Inventory,ID>=2000 And ID<4000));ClearCollect(CollectionC,Filter(REM_Wood_Inventory,ID>=4000 And ID < 6000));ClearCollect(CollectionD,Filter(REM_Wood_Inventory,ID>=8000 And ID < 10000));ClearCollect(CollectionE,Filter(REM_Wood_Inventory,ID>=10000 And ID < 12000));ClearCollect(CollectionF,Filter(REM_Wood_Inventory,ID>=12000 And ID < 14000));ClearCollect(CollectionG,Filter(REM_Wood_Inventory,ID>=14000 And ID < 16000));ClearCollect(InvoiceInventory,CollectionA,CollectionB,CollectionC,CollectionD,CollectionE,CollectionF,CollectionG)

However, when I go to search for dates after the first of this year, Nothing pulls up.  It's like it's not pulling in all of my entries even though I should have a collection with well over 2000 entries.  Can I still not search by Date or will anything past 2000 in a collection not filter either?

Here's the filter code I have going on my gallery: 

If(IsBlank(SearchBar.Text),Filter( InvoiceInventory,Wood_Type="Cant",Value('Board Feet')>0),If(Toggle1.Value=true,Filter(InvoiceInventory,SearchBar.Text in Text('Orginal Date (Date Only)',DateTimeFormat.ShortDate,"en-US"), Wood_Type="Cant",Value('Board Feet')>0),If(Toggle1_1.Value=true,Filter(InvoiceInventory,Wood_Type="Cant",Value('Board Feet')>0,SearchBar.Text ='Cant Vendor'),InvoiceInventory)))

Here's a picture of the filter working:  Capture.PNG

Here's a picture of it not (notice the dates):

2.PNG

On a side note, people are filtering by dates by selecting a date from the date picker.  The date picker is set as a variable and passed to the search bar.

Thanks for your help guys!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Salamander94 

In SharePoint, the ID is an odd type of number.  You can only use = as the operator with it.  >, < will not work and you will not be able to create collections using them.  Please @WarrenBelz 's blog post about how to deal with delegation issues in SharePoint. https://www.practicalpowerapps.com/delegation/power-apps-delegation-sharepoint/ 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Salamander94 

In SharePoint, the ID is an odd type of number.  You can only use = as the operator with it.  >, < will not work and you will not be able to create collections using them.  Please @WarrenBelz 's blog post about how to deal with delegation issues in SharePoint. https://www.practicalpowerapps.com/delegation/power-apps-delegation-sharepoint/ 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (30,750)