cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Purman
Helper I
Helper I

Why Edit all button on Sharepoint doesn't work?

Hello,

I have a Powerapps based custom form on a SharePoint list. I send out the Display and the Edit form URL via workflow to the next modifier. 

Display form URL example:

..../DispForm.aspx?ID=52

Edit form URL example:

..../EditForm.aspx?ID=52

My problem is, when I click to Edit all button on DispForm, nothing happens, the Edit all button won't change to Save and Cancel buttons.

Capture.JPG

And when I open the Edit form with the URL, and I click to save, it won't change the item. I have Full control permission. 

When I open the item from the list, it works perfectly, I can modify the item. Is there any limitation of the powerapps that with those links the item can't be modified?

5 REPLIES 5
yrona
Regular Visitor

I'm having exactly the same problem. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you both still experiencing this issue?

@Anonymous 

It seems to be gone. What happened?

(Sorry it's my secondary acccount) @Purman 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure. If it happens again please update the post. I will leave the thread open for now. 

@Anonymous 

yrona
Regular Visitor

I was able to develop a workaround.  Basically, I added save and cancel buttons to the form itself.

The Save Changes button had the OnSelect action:

SubmitForm('Submit Request')

The Cancel button had the OnSelect action:

ResetForm('Submit Request')

One warning, the above code has no validation, which can bite you if your form contains invalid information.  This tripped me up.  The problem manifested itself with intermittent behavior.  It appeared sometimes the Submit button would work and sometimes it wouldn't.  If you see similar behavior, you should look into either introducing validation to the form or locking all inputs down so that users are just not able to fill out invalid data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,505)