cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Why Edit all button on Sharepoint doesn't work?

Hello,

I have a Powerapps based custom form on a SharePoint list. I send out the Display and the Edit form URL via workflow to the next modifier. 

Display form URL example:

..../DispForm.aspx?ID=52

Edit form URL example:

..../EditForm.aspx?ID=52

My problem is, when I click to Edit all button on DispForm, nothing happens, the Edit all button won't change to Save and Cancel buttons.

Capture.JPG

And when I open the Edit form with the URL, and I click to save, it won't change the item. I have Full control permission. 

When I open the item from the list, it works perfectly, I can modify the item. Is there any limitation of the powerapps that with those links the item can't be modified?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Why Edit all button on Sharepoint doesn't work?

I'm having exactly the same problem. 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you both still experiencing this issue?

@Anonymous 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It seems to be gone. What happened?

(Sorry it's my secondary acccount) @Purman 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure. If it happens again please update the post. I will leave the thread open for now. 

@Anonymous 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I was able to develop a workaround.  Basically, I added save and cancel buttons to the form itself.

The Save Changes button had the OnSelect action:

SubmitForm('Submit Request')

The Cancel button had the OnSelect action:

ResetForm('Submit Request')

One warning, the above code has no validation, which can bite you if your form contains invalid information.  This tripped me up.  The problem manifested itself with intermittent behavior.  It appeared sometimes the Submit button would work and sometimes it wouldn't.  If you see similar behavior, you should look into either introducing validation to the form or locking all inputs down so that users are just not able to fill out invalid data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,444)