cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why can't I create a dropdown with the choice fields of my SharePoint list ?

Hello,

When I'm creating a dropdown using data from my list I noticed that in "Value" (see attachment), you can put all the fields of the SharePoint list BUT the choice fields,

Why is that and how can use create a dropdown with all the items of a choice field ?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

The settings for your column will be on SharePoint. You go to your SharePoint list, and go to your list settings. If you are at the SharePoint list you can click on the gear in the top right and one of the options from it is 'List settings'. 

Once you have it open click on the column that is a choice column and look at the settings for it. Under the Display choices using the options are: Drop-Down Menu, Radio Buttons and Checkboxes. You want to have it as the Drop-Down Menu choices. 

After that is selected in your app the DropDown items will be Choices([@SPListName].ColumnName). The Items should be the same whether you use a dropdown or combo box. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Dropdown only allows a selection of one item...Combo box will allow you to select more than one. Check the settings on your column and see if it "allows multiples" and if it does then you will not be able to use a dropdown for it unless you change that.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what you mean, when I create a combo box it's automatically dependant of the dropdown I already created and that's not what I want,

As for the settings on my column, what do you mean and where do I find them ?

Highlighted

The settings for your column will be on SharePoint. You go to your SharePoint list, and go to your list settings. If you are at the SharePoint list you can click on the gear in the top right and one of the options from it is 'List settings'. 

Once you have it open click on the column that is a choice column and look at the settings for it. Under the Display choices using the options are: Drop-Down Menu, Radio Buttons and Checkboxes. You want to have it as the Drop-Down Menu choices. 

After that is selected in your app the DropDown items will be Choices([@SPListName].ColumnName). The Items should be the same whether you use a dropdown or combo box. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked and I already have it has dropdown

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, now I can have my field in a dropdown thanks to this formula =  Choices([@SPListName].ColumnName)

I want to use this dropdown as a filter for a gallery along with a searchbox, the searchbox is already working well, but the error come when I add the dropdown.

Here is my formula : Filter('Liste OT test V2',StartsWith(NumOT,RechercheOT.Text) Or RechercheOT.Text in DescriptionOT),EquipeOT.SelectedText = EquipePrincipale

You can see the error in the attachment,

RechercheOT = searchbox

EquipeOT = dropdown

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the syntaxis error:

I should have put "value" at the end of each variable: 

Filter('Liste OT test V2',StartsWith(NumOT,RechercheOT.Text) Or RechercheOT.Text in DescriptionOT,EquipeOT.Selected.Value = EquipePrincipale.Value)

Now it works perfectly,

Thanks for your help,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,035)