cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerrysr6omfg
Helper I
Helper I

Why can't users access my PowerApp, Flow, Datasource properly?

I have a PowerApp that uses a spreadsheet on my business onedrive as a datasource. I have shared both with two users, but their access is completely random. The first user had no problems for a while, but now can could no longer access the datasource. The second user has never been able to access the app at all, even though I shared the app/datasource in the same way. Both users have full licenses for everything Microsoft. Nothing changed between having or not having access. Like I say, it's like it's completely random whether or not users have access. What is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Hi,

It looks like you have stored the data on your OneDrive for Business - I would recommend instead storing this on an actual SharePoint site within a library - the tenant-my.sharepoint.com/personal indicates that OneDrive for Business storage was used, and although you may have shared this directly with them, the OneDrive shared items can be difficult to get working - there is a likely a security setting on your tenant that removes shared access for OneDrive after a length of time or limits access in other ways

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gerrysr6omfg
Helper I
Helper I

I gave full control of everything to both users and one user still cannot access the datasource. While editing the power app they see:

Capture.PNG

No idea why they do not have access.

iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Hi,

It looks like you have stored the data on your OneDrive for Business - I would recommend instead storing this on an actual SharePoint site within a library - the tenant-my.sharepoint.com/personal indicates that OneDrive for Business storage was used, and although you may have shared this directly with them, the OneDrive shared items can be difficult to get working - there is a likely a security setting on your tenant that removes shared access for OneDrive after a length of time or limits access in other ways

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

We have added a SharePoint site with a documents folder and a data folder and put the xlsx into that folder. But I cannot access from my app. The instructions at https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/connections/connection-sharepoint-onl... are out of date.

I tried "Add Data", SharePoint, then enter the URL (I used Copy Link to get the URL) and Connect and it says:

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

This is the same file I had on my onedrive that was working. Some kind of permissions thing somewhere?

Also I tried to add a SharePoint Sites (site) and I can see my folder but not the file.

Apparently you can't just drop an excel file into SharePoint, you have to go through an add List process

gerrysr6omfg_0-1670001419674.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,100)