cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlejoramireZ
Frequent Visitor

Why do I require a premium license to consume Dataverse from Power Apps for Teams?

I had always understood that Power Apps for teams allowed you to create apps that connect to Dataverse without additional licensing as long as those were accessed from Teams and do not exceed the storage limit. However, this is not the case, I already had all the development of my app and it turns out that despite the fact that I am consuming it from Teams, it asks me for premium licensing.

The app only uses one connector which is dataverse.

😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫

PS: I am referring  Power Apps for Teams, I totally understand Power Apps does require a premium license for Dataverse

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AlejoramireZ,

I don't think I misunderstand what you want to describe, I know that you have an issue on PowerApps for Teams instead of standalone Power Apps product.

Use the table below to help identify the right technology for your application.

vqiaqimsft_0-1653286766904.png

Have you found that the Dataverse for Teams does not have additional capabilities like business workflows or business rules in Dataverse?

I have mentioned that tables contain complex business logic or are tied to customer engagement apps in Dynamics 365 (Dynamics 365 Sales, Customer Service, Field Service, Marketing, or Project Service Automation) that require app users to have a specific license.

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AlejoramireZ,

I have found that you want to connect to Dynamics 365 Sales table within your app, so that's why Teams ask you for a premium license because it comes to CRM instances.

Tables contain complex business logic or are tied to customer engagement apps in Dynamics 365 (Dynamics 365 Sales, Customer Service, Field Service, Marketing, or Project Service Automation) that require app users to have a specific license.

In your scenario, you should have an additional license for Dynamics 365.

Best Regards,
Qi
AlejoramireZ
Frequent Visitor

Hi there, thanks for your reply. @v-qiaqi-msft 

I'm sorry, it seems that I am not being clear. I understand your answer, but it is an answer for Power Apps, the normal version that is accessed from the browser in which everything you said applies.

However, I'm talking about Power Apps for Teams, which is a totally different product and has a different license. I get the impression that Power Apps/ Dataverse for Teams is not such a popular product, since I see that it is very common to be confused with standard Power apps.

AlejoramireZ_0-1653048926141.pngAlejoramireZ_1-1653048972136.png

Regards

Hi @AlejoramireZ,

I don't think I misunderstand what you want to describe, I know that you have an issue on PowerApps for Teams instead of standalone Power Apps product.

Use the table below to help identify the right technology for your application.

vqiaqimsft_0-1653286766904.png

Have you found that the Dataverse for Teams does not have additional capabilities like business workflows or business rules in Dataverse?

I have mentioned that tables contain complex business logic or are tied to customer engagement apps in Dynamics 365 (Dynamics 365 Sales, Customer Service, Field Service, Marketing, or Project Service Automation) that require app users to have a specific license.

Best Regards,
Qi

Hi there @v-qiaqi-msft ,

No I am not using anything of that. It's a really simple application.

Its just one table from daverse with 2 columns (single line of text), 5 rows, and the app with any other connector.

Its so weird

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,149)