cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mgodby
Level: Powered On

Why does the combo box not save or retain the multiple values when I save it and retrieve?

So I have a combo box here in a form that is derived from a lookup field. I can add multiple values, but when I save and then look back at my data, it's back only having one field.

So I input 4 values into the combo box.

Annotation 2019-12-05 163303.png

Then after I save and look back into my form to check on my CopyTo field. It's back to only having one, the last one in the 4 values I gave. Why is this? Is my CDS not set up right? This was all built in though and powerapps gave me a combo box for my form for my lookup field.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Why does the combo box not save or retain the multiple values when I save it and retrieve?

Hi @Mgodby 

Can you please confirm how you are using this combobox control to save the values? Can you check if you are using Combobox2.SelectedItems instead of Combobox2.Selected? .SelectedItems is used to save multiple values here.

Also, can you share more details about the field here? What is the relationship between the lookup type field? By default, lookup only allows adding one record to the datasource as it creates a 1:N relationship.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

v-siky-msft
Level 10

Re: Why does the combo box not save or retain the multiple values when I save it and retrieve?

Hi @Mgodby ,

Are you using CDS as data source?

If so, It is not supported to path multiple lookup value in CDS, it will only save the last items of combo box to CDS lookup field.

If you want this feature, you can change your data source to SP list, which support multiple value in lookup column.

Otherwise, you could submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum, if your feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best regards,

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,138)