cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aec2018
Microsoft
Microsoft

Why is a property with nested data not being recognized by PowerApps in my collection?

I have a response from custom connector that I display in a gallery table. Each column is populated with ThisItem.PropertyName and that works fine. However, PowerApps doesn't want to recognize one property (azureRegion) that has nested properties in it. This is the data:

aec2018_0-1640125209762.png

Anywhere that I try to use dot notation to access azureRegion, I get an error saying it's an invalid name and isn't recognized. I want to be able to display each property in azureRegion as a column in the gallery table by setting Text to ThisItem.azureRegion.FriendlyName (for example). Why is PowerApps not recognizing the azureRegion property?

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aec2018 ,

If canvas cannot recognize the output of the custom connector, I have two suggestions:

1\ Use http action in flow instead of using custom connector. Then you could use canvas to call http action in flow ,the output of flow will return to canvas. (Its advantage is that you can use flow to modify the output to make it recognizable in canvas)

2\ Create a C# script  in custom connector to modify your output of rest api to make it recognizable in canvas .

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,396)